- When caught in it, you will be unable to jump.
- If you don't have a shovel of stone or better quality and the Quicksand is two or more blocks deep, you will die.
- If you die in Quicksand, most of your items will be difficult to get back. This is due to the fact that you a. likely lost your best gear out there and b. the items sink to the bottom of the Quicksand.
- Be careful when you are running from mobs in Underground Jungles or Submerged Swamps lest you find yourself in Quicksand.
- If you're quick (pun intended), you can move very slowly horizontally through the Quicksand. If you're next to dirt or mud, you can break it and walk out. This is a last resort, however.
Make sure that there is no Quicksand where you walk. It is advised that you always carry a shovel when going on adventures in the Erebus, for scenarios like getting caught in Quicksand. Iron or better with Efficiency 3 or better is ideal.